Final Sale (no return or exchange) - Add product to cart to see discount
Get outside and into nature with the lightweight and breathable Mesa Trail from Xero! This hiking shoe features a breathable, mesh upper that gets rid of the weight and keeps you cool. The moisture wicking lining helps keep you dry. The welded protective covering of the adjustable midfoot and instep straps adds durability. The lugged, dual-chevron tread gives you sure-footed traction. And the “hidden” 3mm TrailFoam™ layer adds the right amount of protection and comfort!
The Xero Mesa Trail is made for trail running in the warmer months, when you want sure-footed agility and freedom of movement with just enough feedback, but you can take them anywhere from the dog park to that hike-in remote camping spot. Created with maximum breathability, the Mesa Trail will not keep you dry in dewy grass, rain or puddles, but they'll dry off quickly once you're back in the sun.
- Natural FIT — a wide toe box lets your toes spread, splay, relax, and function naturally.
- Natural MOTION — the Mesa Trail is flexible enough to let your feet bend, move, and flex the way that feet are supposed to. The “XERO-drop” design (non-elevated heel) allows for proper posture, and it’s built low to the ground for balance and agility.
- Natural FEEL — the Mesa Trail has a 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber sole, with 3.5mm lugs to give you the right combination of protection and grip, plus ground-feedback so your brain knows how to move your body optimally. The 2mm insole can be removed for a closer-to-barefoot experience.
- Light weight - A men’s 9 is about 7.6 ounces (each).
- Huarache-inspired design — the adjustable instep and midfoot straps give wearers a secure and comfortable fit.
- Vegan-friendly materials — No animal products are used in the Mesa Trail
- 5,000 mile sole warranty — like all Xero Shoes, the Mesa Trail is backed with a 24 month manufacturer’s warranty and a 5,000 mile sole warranty.
New To Minimal Shoes?
Due to their medium flexibility soles that let you feel the terrain yet still provide the "just right" amount of comfort, the Mesa is actually a great transitioning shoe for folks who are new to minimal shoes, especially those who are comfortable walking in sand and grass in bare feet already. The trail sole is forgiving on hard man-made surfaces such as sidewalk but gives more feedback when you can dig the lugs into the ground, such as in grass and dirt paths.
Like its sister model the HFS road runner, the Mesa Trail runs small and does not stretch out at all, meaning you'll need extra room in front of your toes so they don't brush up against the front of the shoe in the toe-off portion of your gait.
They are easily secured and customized to your feet with the lacing (this model has extra eyelets for a heel lock tie) and hidden tensioning straps, so that you get control over your movement even with extra length.
We recommend going half a size up from your usual size for a snug fit, or a full size up for a roomy fit. If you own an HFS, it will be the same sizing.
Please contact us by email if you'd like help finding your size!