The Xero HFS is a super lightweight road running shoe with a breathable mesh upper, a tire tread-inspired sole, and a silky lining made from high-tech 37.5 material for thermoregulation.
We find most of our customers go up half a size in this model. The HFS does not stretch out over time.
The HFS has a sleek fit style:
- suits feet that are average width to narrow width
- suits a wide variety of foot volumes
- suits foot shapes such as slope/Egyptian or mountain/Greek
- those with longer outer toes or very wide feet may want to go a full size up from their usual
- Xero shoes have a roughly rectangular footprint shape, rather than a triangle shape or a bean shape
- Xero's men's sizing is wider and higher volume than the equivalent length in their women's sizing. A men's 9 is about as long as a women's 10.5 in the same model.
The HFS has a 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber sole, and an optional 2mm insole. The overall stack height is less than 1cm.
The HFS provides lots of sensation through the sole, and feels very close to the ground. If you are new to minimal shoes and used to thick, stiff soles, you may prefer starting off with a more forgiving model. If you enjoy when shoes feel as close as possible to being barefoot, this would be a great model for you.
Spot clean when possible. To wash your HFS, hand wash with warm water, mild soap and allow them to air dry. We do not recommend putting the HFS in the washing machine or dryer.
The highly flexible and barely there sole makes it excellent for the gym and for barefoot style running. Many of our customers wear these as an everyday casual shoe in warm weather months since they love the barefoot feeling, but they really shine in athletic use. They are very popular for running, strength and flexibility training, and weight lifting in particular.