A fully-waterproof hiking boot that’s ready for extreme adventure!
The New Xcursion Fusion is a sleeker, lighter, and more rugged version of the best-selling original Xcursion.
The automatic secure-fit tensioning straps on the sides of the boot are now tucked in under the welded uppers material for snag-free adventures, increased durability, easy cleaning, and a sleek look.
This is an all year round technical hiking boot, but due to their great tread and waterproof nature, they are also fit for Toronto winters in addition to being a great choice for trail hiking, camping, or any rugged outdoor adventure!
- New gaiter hook to attach your favourite protective accessories.
- Fully seam-sealed inner bootie, gusseted tongue, and a water-resistant membrane just inside the outer layer of the boot's uppers.
- So lightweight, a men's 9 is about 13oz (26oz for the pair).
- New 5.5mm FeelTrue® sole, rugged dual chevron tread with 3.5mm lugs, and an embedded TrailFoam™ layer for added comfort and protection.
- Improved highly abrasion-resistant uppers materials.
- Carried over from the original are a durable protective toe cap, foxing, and accents.
- Easy and quick lacing with hooks at the top.
- 100% Vegan-friendly materials
Please note that the treads are designed to give you traction on ground textures such as mud, and will not stop you from slipping on ice. We recommend using additional ice treads for slippery ice, and please ensure you choose one that will stick out past the treads/lugs for this model.
If you have never worn minimal shoes before and are looking to transition, these will be a gentle change, suitable as a first step for those who have sensitive feet or very weak ankles as you train and condition your feet and body.
With their technical performance aesthetic, these pair well with clothing that is designed for durability and function, such as camping gear or even just jeans.
Like all Xero Shoes these feature:
- A wide toe box — lets your toes spread, splay and move naturally
- Low-to-the-ground design for balance and agility
- Non-elevated, “zero-drop” heel
- High-traction FeelTrue® rubber sole with dual-chevron tread, backed by their 5,000 mile sole warranty
We've found that most customers need a larger size than usual on this model. It's common to go half a size up or for wider feet a full size up.
The fit style is more snug feeling, and suits low to average volume feet quite well. These have a sleek fit which suits naturally narrower feet, and a rectangular footprint shape with a sloping toebox.
The Xcursion Fusion does soften a little in the uppers as you wear them in but they will not stretch out.
Xero says: "To clean your Xcursion Fusions, hand wash with warm water, mild soap and allow them to air dry. We do not recommend putting the Xcursion Fusion in the washing machine or dryer."