The Xero Kelso is a fresh take on the iconic leather court-style shoes you grew up loving. Their classic style and ultra comfy design is perfect for casual everyday use.
We find most of our customers take their regular size in this model. The Kelso may stretch out a little and will mold to the shape of your foot.
The Kelso has a generous fit style:
- suits feet that are average width or a little wider
- suits medium to high volume feet but very adjustable in volume
- suits a wide variety of foot shapes
- Xero shoes have a roughly rectangular footprint shape, rather than a triangle shape or a bean shape
- Xero's men's sizing is wider and higher volume than the equivalent length in their women's sizing. A men's 9 is about as long as a women's 10.5 in the same model.
Xero states that the Kelso has a "flexible 6.0mm FeelTrue® sole with a herringbone tread pattern to provide ground-gripping performance on the court without sacrificing the all-day comfort you’d expect from Xero Shoes." The full stack height is over 1cm including the optional insole.
The Kelso provides a medium amount of sensation through the sole, and feels cushiony while still allowing for lots of movement and flexibility. If you are new to minimal shoes this is a fairly forgiving model to start with. If you enjoy when shoes feel as close as possible to being barefoot, this may feel too cushioned for you or it might become a recovery day option, for example.
Spot clean with a damp cloth. Use mild leather cleaner and conditioner as needed. The leather is very soft, so a shammy is better than a stiff brush.
While they're inspired by tennis style and you can wear them on the court, we anticipate a lot of our customers wearing these as an everyday option that's more versatile than a purely athletic model, but just as comfy. The ventilation holes in the leather will help with breathability, and the lighter colourways will be perfect for breezy summer fashion.