The successor to the beloved Primal 2! The Primal Zen offers the same minimalist casual shoe that is vegan-friendly, but with some added cushion and a more grounded base. Its newly designed outsole guarantees that ultra-light fit and feel you've come to love in the Primal 2, yet adds a bit more protection and durability with its platform. Its upper is built with a combination of breathable air mesh and microfiber, so your feet will truly feel at peace wherever your next journey takes you.
We find most of our customers take their regular size or go up half a size in this model. The Primal Zen isn't likely to stretch out over time.
The has a generous fit style:
- fits slightly more snug than the Primal 2, but offers half size increments
- suits feet that are average width to fairly wide
- suits a wide variety of foot volumes
- suits a variety of foot shapes including square and round, those with narrow forefeet and a sloping shape foot may feel that they have a lot of extra room around their toes
- those with longer outer toes or very wide feet may want to go a half size up
- Lems shoes have a roughly triangular footprint shape, rather than a rectangle shape or a bean shape
- Lems shoes are unisex, so each pair is marked with a men's size and a women's size
Lems states that the Primal Zen has an 11mm full stack height (not including 3mm insole), just a smidge more than its predecessor.
The Primal Zen provides a medium amount of sensation through the sole, and feels more cushioned and forgiving. However, they are very flexible and lightweight. If you are new to minimal shoes this will be a great option to start with. If you enjoy when shoes feel as close as possible to being barefoot, you might prefer one of our runners that feels closer to the ground, or these might be the shoes you reach for on extra long days for more comfort.
Spot clean when possible. To wash your Primal Zen, hand wash with warm water, mild soap and allow them to air dry. We do not recommend putting the Primal Zen in the washing machine or dryer.
This new addition to the Primal line from Lems has had so much thought poured into its design: they really thought of every detail from the larger heel loop, to the more stable and extra comfy sole, to a new type of lacing that gives you the perfect tension over your midfoot (plus an extra eyelet for the heel lock tie). We could go on and on about them, so if you're looking for a transitional minimal shoe, or an athletic shoe that can double as a kicking around shoe this summer, try them out!