The Xero Prio is our top selling minimal shoe. It's perfect for transitioning to barefoot footwear because of its cushiony feeling and forgiving sole. Great for athletic use or as a casual option for getting around town.
We find most of our customers take their regular size in this model. The Prio can stretch out over time and mold to the shape of your feet.
The Prio has a generous fit style:
- suits feet that are average width or a little wider
- suits medium to high volume feet but very adjustable in volume
- suits a wide variety of foot shapes
- Xero shoes have a roughly rectangular footprint shape, rather than a triangle shape or a bean shape
- Xero's men's sizing is wider and higher volume than the equivalent length in their women's sizing. A men's 9 is about as long as a women's 10.5 in the same model.
The Prio has a 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber sole, and an optional 2mm insole. The total stack height is just under 1cm, including the optional insole.
The Prio provides a medium amount of sensation through the sole, and feels very comfortable on pavement. If you are new to minimal shoes this model will introduce you to more sensation and more mobility without feeling totally barefoot. If you enjoy when shoes feel as close as possible to being barefoot, you can remove the insole for more feedback.
Spot clean when possible. To wash your Prios, hand wash with warm water, mild soap and allow them to air dry. We do not recommend putting the Prios in the washing machine or dryer.
The Prio is perfect for transitioning to minimal shoes as they provide a great balance of cushioning and ground feel, but some of our customers keep on wearing them years later as they are so incredibly comfy! Check out our Learn section for info on transitioning to minimal shoes.
The Prio is an athletic shoe that will flex and move with you and provide breathability, so you can wear them to walk, run, and exercise, but there's no reason not to wear them in any casual environment.