The Xero Zelen is a road running shoe made with sustainable materials, specifically biodegradable and recycled materials. It can be worn as an athletic shoe or as a casual shoe for everyday uses.
We find most of our customers take their regular size or go up half a size in this model. The Zelen does not stretch out over time.
The Zelen has a sleek fit style:
- suits feet that are average width to narrow width
- suits a wide variety of foot volumes
- suits foot shapes such as slope/Egyptian or mountain/Greek
- those with longer outer toes or very wide feet may want to go a half size up
- Xero shoes have a roughly rectangular footprint shape, rather than a triangle shape or a bean shape
- Xero's men's sizing is wider and higher volume than the equivalent length in their women's sizing. A men's 9 is about as long as a women's 10.5 in the same model.
Xero states that the Zelen has a 5mm FeelTrue sole, without the included insert/insole.
The Zelen provides lots of sensation through the sole, and feels very close to the ground. If you are new to minimal shoes and used to thick, stiff soles, you may prefer starting off with a more forgiving model. If you enjoy when shoes feel as close as possible to being barefoot, this would be a great model for you.
Spot clean when possible. To wash your Zelens, hand wash with warm water, mild soap and allow them to air dry. We do not recommend putting the Zelen in the washing machine or dryer.
With the function of a road running shoe and the style of a casual shoe, you can wear the Zelen all day long. The highly flexible and barely there sole makes it excellent for the gym and for barefoot running. Or wear the Zelen as your everyday all-purpose shoe for walking around town. They really say "I can do both" with this one.