The Bohempia Rola is a fully vegan Chelsea style boot made ethically in the EU from recycled bottle-based Japanese eco-suede and natural rubber soles.
Designed to be treated with a waterproofing product, they're great for spring and fall. These convenient slip-ons will add a unique accent to your outfits while giving you lots of barefoot feeling and movement with their super flexible yet comfy soles.
We find Bohempia's sizing to be on the slightly generous side, so most of our customers take their regular size, and those with narrower feet may even go down a size.
Take a look at the inner dimensions of Bohempia's shoes here.
Fit style of the Rola Chelsea Boot:
- Bohempia offers two width options- average and wide. So far we have only brought in their average width shoes, as they are already quite wide. You can see the exact widths in their sizing guide linked just above.
- suits average to lower volume feet best, but the material may stretch a little to mold to the shape of your feet
- Bohempia offers a bean style footprint shape, perfect for those who need more width on the big toe side of the foot
- The toebox design favours sloping, plateau, and mountain shape forefeet. If you have more squared off forefeet, don't size down.
- Bohempia's sizing uses the European sizing system, and it completely unisex: there are no gender markers on their labeling.
Bohempia states that the Rola has a "5 mm thin, non-slip natural rubber sole."
At that stack height you will get a lot of sensory feedback about the terrain you're walking on, allowing you to level up your skills in reacting to changes in the ground as you navigate different slopes, angles, obstacles, and textures. The bendy rubber is super flexible for natural movement while increasing the comfort with a hint of bouncy cushionyness.
It's always a good idea to apply a waterproofing treatment to your shoes before you wear them for the first time. The treatment is absorbed into the footwear, making its surface resistant to water and dirt sinking in.
To ensure water resistance, we highly recommend applying waterproof treatment properly and regularly. Before treating, remove dirt and dust from your shoes and let them dry completely.
We recommend cleaning with a soft brush or a damp cloth. Allow the shoes to dry sufficiently after wearing. Do not place near direct heat sources. Do not machine wash.
This fashion footwear model is meant to be worn in lovely fall and spring days, or at the most mild rainfall and light snowfall especially after waterproofing it. It is not fully waterproof, therefore not suitable for particularly wet or rainy days.
If you've been looking for a Chelsea style boot that is vegan, a mild weather boot that suits bean shaped feet, or just a convenient slip on that gives you loads of ground feel and a sleek look, the Rola will be a great choice for you!