Final Sale 30% Off (no return or exchange)
If you’re looking for a shoe-like sandal that can handle your active lifestyle, the Colorado is for you. Water-friendly, trail-friendly… and everything in between.
It’s flexible and lightweight, it even floats! You’ll love the comfort that comes from a wide toe box, neoprene lining, and BareFoam™ footbed. You’ll feel the security of the tire tread-inspired sole (the same as the HFS running shoe) and wide heel strap.
A great minimal alternative to a popular sandal style, the closed toe design offers a bit of protection against bumping your toes on things when in rough terrain. Perfect for hikes, swimming and aquatic adventures, cottage weekends, and everyday summer comfort. The colour options give you a chance to express your style with a model that would otherwise lean more utilitarian.
The elasticated lacing and toggle makes it easy to set it and forget it, so you can focus on your adventures instead of your shoelaces.
Why you’ll love the Colorado
- Natural FIT — a wide toe box lets your toes spread, splay, relax, and function naturally.
- Natural MOTION — the Colorado is flexible enough to let your feet bend, move, and flex the way, well, that feet are supposed to. The “XERO-drop” design (non-elevated heel) allows for proper posture, and it’s built low to the ground for balance and agility.
- Natural FEEL — the Colorado has a 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber sole to give you the right combination of protection plus ground-feedback, so your brain knows how to move your body optimally.
- Light weight — so light, in fact, you could forget you have them on. A women’s 7 is about 6 ounces (each).
- Vegan-friendly materials — No animal products are used in the Colorado
- 5,000 mile sole warranty — like all Xero Shoes, the Colorado is backed with a 24 month manufacturer’s warranty and a 5,000 mile sole warranty.
New To Minimal Shoes?
The Colorado has a sole that offers a medium amount of feedback and protection from the terrain you're on, so if you are used to shoes that have less padding for summer wear, these should be fine to start with, especially for casual use. If you are used to shoes that really cushion your foot falls, you may want to try a minimal sandal that is closer to that starting point for a smoother transition to minimal shoes.
Sizing and Fitting Notes
Most of our customers need to order half a size larger than they usually take in the Colorado. If you own a pair of the Xero HFS shoes, it would be the same size as those.
The fit style of the Colorado is snug, especially in putting them on and taking them off, as the heel strap is only a little stretchy. They can be difficult to put on for folks who have arthritis in the hands, for example, so you may want to use a shoe horn.
This is the only Xero sandal that we find does not fit true to size. It is also the only Xero sandal that comes in half sizes. Let us know if you have any sizing questions.
The Colorado comes in men's and women's sizing, the men's is wider. For conversion purposes, Xero shoes have a 1.5 size difference between gendered sizing systems, so a women's 9.5 is narrower but roughly equal in length to the men's 8.